Friday, October 7, 2011

Movie Editors

I really enjoyed watching the movie about film editors because it completely changed how I will watch movies in the future. I never realized how heavily the entire project relies on the work of its editors. The editing process is more than just throwing a bunch of clips together, but rather it is an art of directing the audience's attention paying strong attention to timing, fluidity, and motion. When I watch movies now I will pay much more attention to how many shots are incorporated into each scene as well as the timing of the scene changes. The career appeals to me because of how much control an editor can have both artistically and technically. I found it interesting how the editor is the one who spends the most one-on-one time with the film's director and how their relationship has a great effect on the end product.

No comments:

Post a Comment