Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Immortals

This past weekend I went to go see the movie Immortals, a story of the struggle to maintain the balance between Greek gods and the mortals below them. The main character, Theseus, is a peasant bastard living in a costal village in ancient Greece, who is thrust into a power struggle between the gods and King Hyperion (played by Mickey Rourke) on his quest to set the Titans free. This is filmed in a way that mimics 300, with a lot of sepia and shirtless men and has the same amount of blood and angry yelling. Personally, I didn't like the movie, it was pretty predictable and had a somewhat bland story line that didn't really keep me interested. I think my opinion isn't the majority, seeing as the people I went with loved it so if you're thinking about seeing Immortals check it out, you might like it, you might not.

No comments:

Post a Comment