Thursday, October 4, 2012

Black Hawk Down




I want to start off by saying that I loved the movie Black Hawk Down.  I have seen it before when I was younger but this time I was able to appreciate it from another standpoint.  The plot was very emptionally moving and extremely intense.  I feel it was necessary for the violence and graphics to be present in order to give others some kind of understanding as to what the soldiers experienced.  My favorite scenes were the ones where the sound was muted.  It allowed me to focus on the visual aspects and gauge the emotion on the soldiers faces.  The shots of the helicopters were absoluetly breath taking.  We also saw this shot in the film we watched last week in class.  I think the decison to make the movie long was a good one.  It was constant action, violence and struggling that covered a period of 24 hours.  If it seemed long to watch 2 hours of this kind of action, just imagine living it. I do have family members who have served in the war so I do have an interest in the topic.  I actually do not enjoy too many war movies, but this one was wonderfully made.  I felt connected to the characters.  It was visually pleasing and disturbing at the same time which was very intersting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment