Friday, October 19, 2012

Midnight Cowboy


Strange and somewhat sad, are my first thoughts when reflecting back on this movie.  I have never seen a movie like Midnight Cowboy before.  It was interesting to see Jon Voight and Dustin Hoffman acting in their youth.  I have only ever seen movies where they were older.  In this movie I noticed quite a bit of expressionism, especially in the party scene with all the other actors and actresses in New York.  When he smokes weed the images he sees are examples of that.  My favorite scene is in the end when they are riding the bus to Florida and are both laughing together because Rico peed his pants.  He is pathetic and very ill but they manage to find light in the situation and share a last moment of happiness together.  Personally, this is not a movie I would ever watch more than once, but I did enjoy it more than a silent film.


No comments:

Post a Comment