Monday, November 19, 2012

Chinatown

I found Chinatown to be an extremely impressive movie. Although it was a little over 2 hours long, it held my attention throughout! The acting was what I was probably most impressed with. Nicholson was incredible and played his role perfectly. The plot was full of surprises. Just as I thought I knew exactly what was coming- something new would arise! The dialogue and interactions between characters were very expressive and easy to follow. One of my favorite elements of this film was the use of the car horn as Evelyn rested her head on the steering wheel [the first time] and sounding a quick honk of the horn and then at the end of the movie when she's shot in the back of the head, her head slams the horn and sounds a long, drawn out honk. I found this use of sound to be very clever! Great movie overall!

No comments:

Post a Comment